Would you like to study a bachelor’s or five-year master’s degree programme?
You need to provide your secondary school-leaving examination certificate (or similar proof of achieving secondary education including a school-leaving examination), or a higher education degree certificate (if you already graduated from a higher education institution in the Czech Republic) that indicates that you have achieved secondary education including a school-leaving examination.
Would you like to study a consecutive master’s degree programme?
You need to provide your bachelor’s degree certificate or another higher education degree certificate (if you already graduated from a master’s or doctoral programme at a higher education institution in the Czech Republic).
Would you like to study a doctoral degree programme?
You need to provide your master’s degree certificate or another doctoral degree certificate (if you already graduated from another doctoral programme at a higher education institution in the Czech Republic).
Have you graduated from a programme at the USB?
Let the faculty know. If you request it in writing, we can find your degree certificate in the USB records and you do not need to provide it.
Are you submitting multiple applications?
All you need to do is to notify us about it in writing and you need to prove your education only once. However, you need to notify all faculties to which you are applying, so that we know to which faculty you are going to provide a proof of your education. Faculties will share the documents even if you are applying to more than one faculty.
What kinds of documents are accepted?
- Officially verified document (if you bring an original in person, we will copy it and verify it ourselves),
- Electronic document issued by the relevant institution (e.g., electronic diploma/certificate),
- Or an electronic document (PDF) created by authorised conversion (can be made at CzechPOINT at a post office).
Do not forget to provide a document concerning a change of name if applicable (e.g., marriage certificate if there is your maiden name on the diploma/certificate), power of attorney (if the matter of providing documents concerning prior education is handled by somebody else) or the decision on granting international protection (if you are substituting documents by an affidavit).
Did you study abroad and now you are applying to the USB? No problem!
We are an institutionally accredited university. Therefore, we are able to assess your prior education during admission even without official recognition of equivalence of foreign degrees and studies.
If you studied at a foreign, international or European secondary school, the following will suffice:
- European Baccalaureate certificate or
- foreign certificate of foreign secondary education that entitles its holder to access higher education in the foreign state in question.
If you studied at a higher education institution abroad, the following will suffice:
- foreign certificate of foreign higher education.
If you have an officially recognised certificate or diploma available, naturally, you can provide a document concerning general recognition of equivalence of foreign secondary or higher education in the Czech Republic.
What kind of verification is acceptable when providing foreign documents concerning education?
That depends on the country where you obtained the education:
- Secondary and higher education documents concerning education issued in Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia are valid in the Czech Republic in the same way as documents from Czech schools, i.e., an officially verified copy is enough.
- Higher education diplomas/certificates from Germany are equal in the Czech Republic due to its international commitments (German secondary school-leaving examination certificates need to be assessed), i.e., an officially verified copy is enough.
- Requirements on the verification of documents issued in other countries differ depending on whether these states acceded to certain international agreements. Detailed information is available here.
To view the full text of the Rector’s ordinance on assessing compliance with the requirement of prior education of applicants for admission to studies click here.
Caution! The proof of prior education (and application for admission) may not be the only condition for admission or the only material that is required. Always read the full requirements of the admission procedure for the degree programme that you are applying for.