Dormitories (K1 - K5)
- K1-K4 are ten-storey buildings situated inside the university campus.
- K1 has been recently reconstructed. It offers single and double rooms in "cell-system" (small apartment) - In each small apartment there are 3 single rooms and 2 double rooms sharing the toilets and bathroom, and the kitchenette.
- K2 and K3 are providing double bedrooms with a refrigerator, sink, hot and cold water, desks, beds and cupboards. Sanitary facilities (WC, showers, washing machine) are located on the corridor. The common kitchen is situated on each floor.
- K4 is providing double rooms in "cell-system" of two rooms (small apartment) with its own sanitary facility (toilets, bathroom). The common kitchen is situated on each floor. K4 will be closed for complete recontruction from 1st July 2020.
- K5 is away from the campus (about 15 minutes walk), next to the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. It is providing double and triple rooms with its own sanitary facility (WC, shower). The common kitchen is situated on each floor.
- TV room and laundry room are in each building. All of the buildings are equipped with an elevator.
- See the map of the location of the University Dormitories
ATTENTION : From 1st July 2020 and for the whole academic year 2020/2021, the dormitory K4 will be completely CLOSED due to reconstruction.
Overview of equipment and facilities at the dormitories : see here.
- Internet is available in all student rooms. Connection is possible just by network cable. It is necessary to bring your own cable.
- WIFI is available only at dormitory K1
- You can also use Eduroam (to be set in your home university)
Price list is available here.
New price list from 1st July 2020 here.
- The payment has to be done one month in advance, always at the 20th of the month for the payment of the next month.
- Be prepared to pay for the first month at the check-in in cash in Czech crowns or by card.
- Due to the decree of the statutory city of České Budějovice n°4/2019 on local fees effective from 1st January 2020, USB Dormitories are required to charge an accommodation fee for each stay of less than 61 days. This fee is paid to the relevant municipal area. Current fee rate is 15 CZK/person/night.
In case you stay at USB Dormitories longer than 61 days, you don´t have to pay the fee.
In case you planned a longer stay at USB Dormitories, but your stay is shortened to less than 60 days, you will be charged the fee backwards.
How to apply
- Degree students: Follow the instructions of your Faculty or study department
- Exchange students like Erasmus+ students can apply for the accommodation through the on-line application
Please read carefully the instructions for exchange students to get a bed at a residence. Please respect this procedure.
It is not possible to choose in which residence or room you will stay, the place will be assigned to you according to current room availability.
- Before arrival to the dormitory please study carefully the Student Accommodation Code.
- In case of any problem or change (ie. decision to cancel or change the accommodation, need to change the arrival date...), it is very important to inform the Head of the dormitory
Complete information and pictures of dormitories are available at www.kam.jcu.cz (in czech or partly translated)