Study at USB
If you are interested in studying at the University of South Bohemia in a foreign language, please follow the steps bellow:
1. Look at Study Programmes in English
2. contact the Faculty International Office and get information about the application procedure and admission requirements.
General conditions (may differ at each faculty):
tuition fee for study programmes in English - the price varies at each faculty
application fee (500 CZK).
English language on the level of B2 (some faculties require an International certificate)
Bachelor´s degree - you need to prove a successful completion of the secondary education with a Recognition of education acquired abroad.The official recognition valid for the Czech Republic is issued by the Regional Authorities. For more information about the Recognition procedure at the Regional Authority of South Bohemia in České Budějovice, contact
JUDr. Eva Oušková at +420 386 720 837, email@example.com
Mgr. Gabriela Žíttová at +420 386 720 939, firstname.lastname@example.org
Master´s degree/Doctoral degree - you need to prove your previous Higher education with an official Recognition of the Diploma certificate issued by Public higher education institution providing degree programmes of corresponding/similar content. If the study programme of your Diploma is similar to those offered by the University of South Bohemia, you can apply for the official recognition at the USB Study department (Marie Zieglerová, email@example.com)
3. admission exams
New students are accepted once a year and the exams are usually held in June. Get more information about requirements and dates at the Faculty International Office.
4. after being accepted to the USB:
study the information about VISA to see if you need to apply for visa. For the purpose of a long-time visa application USB can issue the following documents:
- Confirmation of Acceptance from the Department of Studies issued by the relevant faculty
- Confirmation of Accommodation (in case of being accommodated at the University dormitories, the confirmation is issued by the Head of the USB dormitories).
5. if applicable, apply for the visa
6. arrange the accommodation
7. get a "buddy"
Contact our International Student Club and ask for a "buddy" - a person who helps you at your arrival and with the first steps at the university.
Look forward to your arrival to the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice!