A good meal for a good price
You will never starve literally or financially. The refectory at South Bohemia University offers quality meals at subsidized prices.
A student’s lunch comprising of a main meal, soup and a drink costs no more than 30 CZK. The refectory also has its own pizzeria – the price of a pizza starts at 42 CZK.
The dining rooms in the refectory have approximately 650 places. You can order your meal in advance on the touch screen or over the Internet. You can choose without pre-ordering from three ready meals and two short order dishes.
You can view the menu, price list, serving times and more information at menza.jcu.cz
What you might not realise
- The refectory is open 365 days a year, including holidays and weekends
- 700 short order dishes are prepared each day
- Meals are prepared by almost 70 staff
- 1.25 million meals are served each year
- Fresh ingredients are delivered daily except on Sundays
- Cooking starts between four and five in the morning
- The standard menu includes liver, gluten-free and diabetic meals, while other forms of diet meals can be arranged in advance
Refectory website: menza.jcu.cz.